What is a Resource Manager?
We’re the people who manage other people, making sure we always have the proper skills allocated to every job. We keep people busy and engaged in what they do, moving them around as we need to so that all the work gets done on time. We’re highly organized people-people.
“Being a Resource Manager is a dynamic role that can allow you to understand how the agency operates on a creative scale.”
Thinking about becoming a Resource Manager?
Explore some of the skills you’ll need
to prepare for the role.
- You enjoy working with others and working in leadership roles
- Ability to oversee an entire team’s schedules
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to delegate tasks and projects accordingly
- Strong organizational skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to use Microsoft office
- Ability to effectively learn and use scheduling software
- Exceptional project management skills
If you think a job as a Resource Manager might be right for you, print off your Job Report and take it to a parent, teacher or guidance counsellor to talk about what your next steps should be.