User Experience Designer
What is a User Experience Designer?
User Experience (UX) Designers are the people who make things – like websites, landing pages and apps – work better, faster, easier for people. We’re human nature specialists who consider how people approach technology so that the experience is as good as it can be and keeps them coming back.
“My advice would be… don’t commit yourself to choosing one specific path. Go with the flow and find what makes you happy, because work shouldn’t feel like work. At the same time, put yourself in situations where you feel uncomfortable – that’s how you’ll thrive and grow.”
Thinking about becoming a UX Designer?
Explore some of the skills you’ll need
to prepare for the role.
- You love to learn about the inner workings of websites and apps
- You have a passion for digital design
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to think conceptually and execute design ideas
- Background in UX/UI Design
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, and prototyping tools
- Portfolio demonstrating creative abilities
If you think a job as a User Experience Designer might be right for you, print off your Job Report and take it to a parent, teacher or guidance counsellor to talk about what your next steps should be.