What is a Production Designer?
We marry both technical and creative problems by using our graphic design skills to support campaigns. Once a concept has been established, we help to blow out all deliverables. We work fast and efficiently, and we love learning new skills and helping others.
“My job summed up: 🧐 👩🏽💻 👩🏽🎨 ”
Thinking about becoming a Production Designer?
Explore some of the skills you’ll need
to prepare for the role.
- Ability to produce, draw and sketch
- Knowledge of graphic design
- Ability to create animations
- Knowledge of various visual styles for filming and graphic design
- Understanding of production processes and visual arts
- Ability to conceptualize and oversee creative themes for projects
- Ability to use platforms like Photoshop, InDesign, Lightroom, and Illustrator
- Collaborate with Directors, Producers and other creative departments
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage large-scale projects, multi-task, and meet deadlines
If you think a job as a Production Designer might be right for you, print off your Job Report and take it to a parent, teacher or guidance counsellor to talk about what your next steps should be.