What is a Proofreader?
We read through ad campaigns before they go to market and catch any spelling or grammatical errors. In short, we make people look good! We tend to be highly organized, detail-oriented, and enjoy working independently.
“I’m something of a perfectionist, who’s on a quest to continually standardize and improve the process.”
Thinking about becoming a Proofreader?
Explore some of the skills you’ll need
to prepare for the role.
- You enjoy the intricacies of language
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Background in English or writing
- Strong organizational skills
- Understanding of different text formats and guidelines (MLA, APA, Chicago Style)
If you think a job as a Proofreader might be right for you, print off your Job Report and take it to a parent, teacher or guidance counsellor to talk about what your next steps should be.