What is a Strategist?
We’re the people responsible for the implementation of marketing strategies. We ask questions and use data and research to identify new marketing opportunities, and develop innovative concepts to promote brand awareness.
Thinking about becoming a Strategist?
Explore some of the skills you’ll need
to prepare for the role.
- Be both a creative and analytical thinker
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong presenter
- Research and develop marketing plans
- Be able to identify market trends
- Background in marketing or business
- Understanding demographics and able to target projects to appropriate audiences
- Manage large scale projects with different components
- Work collaboratively across different departments
- Knowledge of how different social media platforms are used
If you think a job as a Strategist might be right for you, print off your Job Report and take it to a parent, teacher or guidance counsellor to talk about what your next steps should be.