What is a Director?
We’re responsible for guiding the creative aspects of a production. Collaborating with various team members, we ensure that the project stays artistically cohesive. We have a vision and aim to bring it to life.
Thinking about becoming a Director?
Explore some of the skills you’ll need
to prepare for the role.
- Ability to inspire and lead a team
- Knowledge of narrative structure and storytelling
- Strong decision-making skills
- Knowledge of shot composition, camera angles, and visual design
- Growing knowledge of new technologies and industry trends
If you think a job as a Director might be right for you, print off your Job Report and take it to a parent, teacher or guidance counsellor to talk about what your next steps should be.