What is a Copywriter?
We’re the people who bring just the right words to the ads. We spend our days writing copy that persuades, informs and sells products and services. We usually work closely with Art Directors, who make things look amazing while we make things sound amazing.
“I love that I get to learn something new every day, and make friends with the most creative minds out there!”
Thinking about becoming a Copywriter?
Explore some of the skills you’ll need
to prepare for the role.
- Strong creative writing skills
- Convey key messaging and ideas quickly and concisely
- Understanding of spelling and grammar
- Ability to think conceptually and creatively
- Brainstorm new ideas
- Presentation Skills
- Creative problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Knowledge of various social media platforms
- An understanding of digital programs like Adobe Suite
- Portfolio demonstrating writing and creative abilities (blogs, short stories, poetry)
If you think a job as a Copywriter might be right for you, print off your Job Report and take it to a parent, teacher or guidance counsellor to talk about what your next steps should be.