What is a Video Editor?
We cut, arrange and connect film footage to put forward a beautiful, seamless finished product. We’re passionate about software and learning new things, and always keeps up to date on video and tech trends. We enjoy having quiet time to focus and get our work done.
“What I love most about editing is the social aspect and the speed of processing jobs. Every day my job is a new job.”
Thinking about becoming a Video Editor?
Explore some of the skills you’ll need
to prepare for the role.
- You enjoy storytelling through short films, videos, and animations
- Up-to-date knowledge of current film trends
- Expert knowledge of different video editing software
- Ability to edit, cut and flow video seamlessly
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of photography (lighting, angles, different types of shots)
- Ability to operate and manage video equipment
- Ability to multitask
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Portfolio showing creative abilities
If you think a job as a Video Editor might be right for you, print off your Job Report and take it to a parent, teacher or guidance counsellor to talk about what your next steps should be.